Parents Make a Difference!
The information below summarizes the volunteer opportunities at Childs School. Most of the options require little time and provide BIG rewards! Some projects can be done at school, and others can even be done from home. Please view, print and return the volunteer form to participate or email Volunteer Coordinator Trisha Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fall Teacher Appreciation Event - Help provide a meal for teachers during in the fall. Donate food, drinks, table supplies, etc. or help with set up or clean up.
- Reading Rocks Program - Assist in the collection and documentation of the school wide reading program. Also involves highlighting the student's successes around the school.
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfasts - Provide delicious baked goods to show the teachers our support. Dates will vary and volunteers will be contacted.
- Sixth Grade Recognition Event - Help with the reception following the Sixth Grade Recognition program at the end of the school year. The 6th grade parents are needed to help with planning and coordinating of the event and 5th grade parents are needed to work the event.
- Spring Teacher Appreciation Week - Help provide a meal for teachers during National Teacher Appreciation Week. Donate food, drinks, table supplies, etc. or help with set up or clean up. This also includes a series of events and special gifts and keepsakes to show how much we love our teachers!
- Pizza Supper at Open House - A lot of help is needed for this event. We need help setting up, serving, and cleaning up. This is a great way to meet people at the start of the year!
- Grade Level Program Support - Set up and distribute refreshments and snacks at grade level programs.
- Original Artworks - Work with the Chair person to sort and distribute orders for the fall fundraiser. Projects are student's artwork used in various gifts.
- Market Day - Help sort and distribute Market Day items after school. Assistance is also needed making reminder calls for pick up dates.
- Kroger Cards - Have your grocery purchases raise funds for Childs. Load and re-load your Kroger card to purchase your family's groceries and more.
- Childs Night Out - Dine in or carry out at a select restaurant for Childs Night Out and a percentage of the sales comes back to Childs.
- Box Tops for Education - General Mills box tops are collected as a fundraiser for the school. Volunteers are needed to assist with preparation of box tops for mailing to General Mills.
- PTO Room Representative - Coordinate classroom volunteers for the room activity and the class basket for the spring Carnival.
- Carnival - The Spring Carnival is the PTO's biggest fundraiser. Volunteers are needed in many different areas, including: planning and organization; set-up; running classroom games; serving food at the Pizza Supper; donating baked goods for the bake sale and cake walk; and donating two-liter bottles of soda for the "Pop Toss" game. As with any event, help i